- Sri Lanka
Software Development Companies in Sri Lanka
Even though it is often left out of many economic maps and hides behind its neighboring giant, India, Sri Lanka is a small land filled with many opportunities, even in the software development sector.
Recently named 'the Island of Ingenuity', Sri Lanka has quickly established a reputation as an up-and-coming hub for Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) and Business Process Management (BPM) in South Asia.
Over the past few years, Sri Lanka has rapidly gained repute as an emerging hub for information and communications technology (ICT) and business process management (BPM). In short, Sri Lanka's IT and knowledge sector has become the fifth most significant contributor to the country's export revenue.
In the process, the nation has become a developing brand with increased potential customers, with its businesses at the forefront of technological innovation. In the past years, Gartner ranked Sri Lanka among the top 30 leading locations for offshore services.
But let’s get to what you are likely most interested in - the 15 best software development companies you can outsource projects to.
How Does The GSC Ranking Algorithm Works
We conduct an in-depth investigation into the available software development companies operating within a given region. This helps us gather an exhaustive list of potential companies to evaluate.
Utilizing a combination of third-party tools, online resources, and client feedback, we apply our proprietary algorithm to screen the software development companies and select the most capable and trustworthy ones in each country.
Our ranking algorithm determines the top 15 software development companies based on experience, expertise, reputation, and customer feedback. Only the top-ranked companies are presented to guarantee the best options for clients.
Best Sri Lankan Software Companies in 2023
Steps to Take Before Outsourcing Software Development
Hiring the best product development teams can be a daunting task. It is essential to ensure that you are hiring the right team for your project, as this will determine the success of your product or service. Here are some tips on how to hire the best software development teams in Sri Lanka.
How Can You Hire the Best Software Development Teams?
1. Research and Compare
Before making any decisions, it is vital to do the research. Compare app development companies in Sri Lanka to see the average market price. Look at their portfolios for industry experience, read customer reviews, and ask for references to better understand their work's quality.
2. Check Their Expertise
It is vital to ensure that the custom software development team you hire has the right expertise for your project. Make sure they are industry specialists in developing similar projects and can provide you with a portfolio of their work.
3. Ask for a Detailed Proposal
Once you have narrowed down your list of potential SDCs, ask them to provide you with a detailed proposal outlining their approach and timeline for the project. This will help you make an informed decision about which team is best suited for your project.
4. Negotiate Terms
Before signing any contract, it is essential to negotiate the terms of the agreement. Ensure you are clear about the timeline, budget, and other details related to the project.
Challenges in Communication
Sri Lanka is home to two official languages: Sinhala and Tamil. While English is widely spoken in the country, it is advised to know the local languages when working with software development teams in Sri Lanka (or any other offshore software development country). It will help ensure that all stakeholders can communicate effectively and understand each other's needs.
One of the best ways to ensure that the person you are communicating with understands your message is to use a translation service or person. It will help bridge the language gap and ensure everyone is on the same page.
If this is not an option, make sure to ask clear and concise questions and if you are insecure about taking the project to the next level, make sure to voice your concerns to the company and ask for clarification.
Why Outsource Software Development to Sri Lanka?
Sri Lanka is quickly becoming one of South Asia's premier destinations for tech development. With a strong and rising talent pool, competitive labor costs, and a hospitable environment for businesses, Sri Lanka offers excellent opportunities for companies looking to develop their products or services in the technology sector.
With a cutting-edge outlook on digital transformation, Sri Lankan software developers have shifted to focus on Custom Software Development, making the country an attractive destination for tech businesses looking to optimize opportunities. Tech investors looking to capitalize can take advantage of Sri Lanka's strategic access to markets such as India, the UK, and the US and be ahead of the curve in terms of technology.
Sri Lankans have a reputation for producing high-quality output and delivering Entire Product Life Cycle projects within deadlines; these qualities have made them highly sought after by companies worldwide. In addition to Custom Software Development services, some companies offer a range of other services, such as
- Mobile App Development,
- Game Development,
- Web Design & Development,
- Graphic Design
- and Digital Services.
Companies might even offer Social Media Marketing and incorporate other Digital Products. Considering your actual needs, you should go through all of the services a company might suggest, as they are doing business like you.
Now, depending on whether your company needs a Full-Cycle of Custom Software Development or a Service Focus segment in the development process, some companies will be a better fit than others.
Talented Sri Lankan Software Developers Are on the Rise
Are you looking to add a skilled industry leader to your team? You're lucky; Sri Lanka is home to an incredible trove of talented software development partners ready to work on innovative projects.
The tech industry in Sri Lanka is proliferating, with the number of talented software professionals increasing. In the past few years, demand for freelance developers from Sri Lanka has steadily risen as more companies look for capable software engineers to outsource their development needs.
Sri Lankans have a reputation for producing high-quality output and delivering projects within deadlines; these qualities have made them highly sought after by companies worldwide. In this article, we explore why there is such an influx of talented freelance Sri Lankan software developers and discuss the advantages of working with them.
Using LinkedIn To Find Software Development Partners
Sometimes, simply typing in words such as 'the best software development companies will only give you a list of ones with the best marketing strategy and paid ads. Using LinkedIn as a source is a great way to overcome this browser trap.
LinkedIn is an excellent source for finding the best software development companies in Sri Lanka. You can search for companies and filter them by location, industry, size, and more. You can also check out the profiles of the developers working at these companies to get an idea of their experience and skill set. Here are the top 9 tips for making the best of it.
- Create a list of promising software development companies that may fit your outsourcing needs. Use LinkedIn to search for potential companies based on their industry, size, and location, or go through the GSC database as we did the hard work for you.
- Look at the company profile page to gain insights on their current success and awarding history (awards they've won or processes they've been certified in).
- Search for employees working in companies specializing in software development and check out their professional profiles. Many experienced professionals will be a good sign that the company is doing well.
- Follow the company's LinkedIn profile to stay up-to-date with any news about them, such as job postings, employee activities, upcoming events, or recent awards or certifications received by the company.
- Filter product reviews from customer experience to get an honest view of past clients' satisfaction with the services provided by a particular company. Consider feedback from these reviews before outsourcing software development projects with them.
- Participate in relevant discussion groups related to software development outsourcing to find other professionals with experience working with specific companies you are looking into outsourcing work with. Ask which companies they recommend for similar software projects and why?
- For an inside perspective on how successful each company has been with completing similar projects in scale and scope, reach out directly to their employees.
- Utilize the search function on LinkedIn to identify software development companies that have a presence in the area you are interested in. Websites such as Upwork, Clutch, and GoodFirms may help identify top-tier software development companies in a specific city or region.
- Attend virtual events hosted by various software development companies on LinkedIn or read through case studies they share on their page to better understand their capabilities when developing software applications.
Looking Outside of Sri Lanka?
Suppose the cutting-edge technology software development companies in Sri Lanka must match your partnership criteria and fail. Look for other choices in the Southeast Asia market. Consider shifting the region and using a Barcelona-based Software Development Company. Our curated collection of top software companies from nations worldwide may help you find a suitable provider.
Frequently Asked Question
- Lower costs;
- Access to a larger pool of skilled developers;
- Speedy execution of software projects.
- Defining the scope and requirements of a project;
- Finding an outsourcing partner;
- Selecting the most appropriate outsourcing model;
- Staff augmentation - when the client company leases developers from the outsourcing partner for in-house projects to fill a skill gap in their internal team.
- Dedicated teams - when a client company hires a dedicated team from the outsourcing partner for a defined scope of work. The dedicated team may or may not work with the in-house team. The dedicated team reports to someone in a managerial position from the client company.
- Project-based - when a client company hires an outsourcing partner to complete an entire project, with the responsibility for the completion of the project resting on the outsourcing partner. The outsourcing partner forms the team(s), does the planning, and is responsible for all project management responsibilities.
Top Software Development
We Are a Collaborative of Experts in The Software Development Industry
At GlobalSoftwareCompanies.com, we are proud of our expertise level in software development processes and building engineering teams. We have partnered with experts worldwide to create a collective to make the industry and its customers thrive. Our mission is to make the software development process more accessible, increase trustworthiness and decrease the fat of software companies.